We found an adult water polo group in San Diego a few weeks ago. Chelsey had missed playing but it's hard to find an adult group, especially one that's not dominated by hyper-competitive males. This one is called Old People Water Polo and seemed so welcoming that I was willing to try it out as well.
It's turned out to be a really good group. We've gone twice now and they've been really nice. Chelsey's fit in well and scored two goals in her first game. I spent most of that game being pretty lost. I could swim around OK, although I got pretty tired, but there was a lot of time when I wasn't sure what was going on, or even where the ball was. The second time we went I did a little better. I kind of knew what was going on and tried to play with a strategy in mind. It worked sometimes. I even got a shot off, but it was saved by the goalie. I didn't notice until after the save that the goalie was Chelsey, so no wonder. There were still some times when I wasn't sure what to do and just tried to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible, but Chelsey says that will get better. I wonder if the part where I get really tired swimming back and forth will get better too.
-Jason
No comments:
Post a Comment