Sometime (I honestly can't even remember

when - the last two months are kind of a blur) I took Jason up to Carlsbad for a Sunday afternoon chalk art street fair. Some of the pieces were really, really impressive. It was hard to believe they were created with chalk and that they were so ephemeral. It seemed like so much work was invested in them that it was a shame they couldn't be saved.
There was also a cake decorating competition. I enjoyed looking at the pros' work and it inspired me to re-start my cake decorating classes as soon as I can.
It was a beautiful day and we had a nice time

walking around the fair. Then we explored downtown Carlsbad and took a stroll along the beach. It was the kind of day that reminded us why we moved to San Diego.
There are a few more pictures on the
picasa site.
No comments:
Post a Comment