Sunday, November 20, 2011

Regionals

Last weekend we drove up to Claremont so I could watch my college cross country team run in their regional championships. It was the first CMS cross country meet I had been to in many years. It felt great to be there again. Both the men's team and the women's team did pretty well. The women's race didn't have much drama, as CMS had six runners near the front of the race and ended up winning by almost a hundred points. They went on to get fourth at nationals this weekend, which is as good as a CMS cross country team has ever done. The men's regional race was much more exciting, with several teams looking strong at some point in the race. CMS ended up a close third. That was short of an automatic qualifying spot, but they ended up getting selected for nationals as an at-large team.
The meet was held on a course on Pomona's campus. We never had a meet there when I was in school. I'm not sure how I would have liked running on it, but it was good for spectators as the runners made several loops. It also meant that we could wander through the CMC campus and see what's changed. Quite a bit, actually, as there appeared to be some new buildings, including a dorm I don't remember. According to a tour guide who happened to be leading a campus tour as we walked by, it's called Claremont Hall because nobody has donated enough money to have the building named after them yet. I'm collecting my pennies, so stay tuned for the announcement of "Jason Hall".
-Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment