A couple of weeks ago I signed up for another race. I was just finished recovering from the Carlsbad 5000, so I wasn't really hoping for a super-fast time. It looked like a cool race, however: from downtown San Diego, over the Coronado Bay Bridge and finish in Tidelands Park.(For those of you who came to celebrate with us in October, it finished right next to where we had the bouncy castle and the joust). It's the only time the bridge is open to pedestrian traffic. Chelsey also signed up for the race, not to run but to take pictures from the bridge. Unfortunately they routed us on the south side of the bridge, rather than the more picturesque north side, but she still got some good ones.
As for me, I actually ran pretty well for the first half of the race before some stomach issues. They weren't serious issues, but they did keep me from really attacking the downhill portion of the bridge, since all that pounding wouldn't have felt too good. Still, I felt it was an encouraging sign, and it was fun to be out there. The race benefited the Navy, or something associated with the Navy, and so they had various Navy bands playing along the route. Both Chelsey and I enjoyed the jazz ensemble right as we entered Coronado.-Jason





No comments:
Post a Comment