Monday, June 18, 2012

NCAA Division III track and field championships

My alma mater hosted the NCAA Division III track and field championships at the end of May. It was the first time this meet had been held west of Iowa, so it was a big deal. I had been looking forward to it for about a year, and fortunately it worked out so Chelsey and I could go volunteer for the whole meet. It was a great meet, as usual at a national championship like that. My school didn't fare too well, but there was some great competition all around. We spent Saturday working the men's and women's pole vault, both of which were good events.
It was also a lot of fun to be back on campus. We even got to stay in the dorms, although not the dorm I lived in during my school years. There were a lot of my former teammates there to volunteer, many of whom I hadn't seen in several years, so there was lots to catch up on. Being able to go to a track meet and hang out like I was back in college was a great graduation gift.
-Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment