Thursday, September 6, 2012

Lawn bowling

We took a free lawn bowling lesson last week. There is a lawn bowling club in Balboa Park and I discovered that they offer a free lesson to beginners. Since I have a family history of lawn bowling, I thought we should give it a try.
We went over Friday afternoon. It was a pretty warm day and there is no shade on the lawn bowling rinks, so that was a little unfortunate. We had fun, though. It didn't take too long to get the hang of it. The main difference between lawn bowling and something like bocce ball is that the bowls are weighted on one side, so they curve. I sent one bowl in completely the wrong direction when I misjudged which way I was holding it, but other than that we acquitted ourselves respectably. We also had fun, so maybe we'll try it again sometime.
-Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment