Sunday, November 9, 2014

Texas

Back in June (last year!) we took a trip to Texas with Chelsey's family. After a long drive we spent a few days at Josie and Drew's house. It was a busy, event-filled time. We had morning baseball games in the vacant lot next door, afternoon swimming, board games and tennis. There was also, I think, a Wii bowling tournament, but my memory of that seems to be as short as my actual stay in the tourney.

Following all that we traveled down near San Antonio for a sojourn at Schlitterbahn. It's reputed to be the best water park in the country, and although I don't have many points of comparison, I was impressed. There are two separate areas of the park - the original and the new. The new side featured a water slide called Master Blaster, which was apparently voted the best water ride in the nation. Again, my frame of reference is limited, but it was a good ride. It was also very popular, so I only rode it once due to the long lines. This side of the park also had a loop river ride. It had an acqua conveyor belt, which lifted you and your inner tube up to the top of the ride, then you rode down through some rapids before floating back around to the belt. I really enjoyed this one and probably could have ridden it around and around and around.

Despite those good rides, I liked the original side of the park more. There were several (not so) lazy river rides, which was my favourite type (and generally had short or no lines). Most of these also ended by dumping you straight into the Comal River, which I also thought was a lot of fun.
-Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment