I went to a library conference in Anaheim last month. Since it was so close I thought I should go and take advantage of some of the career advice things they had going on. The actual career fair part was a little underwhelming, as there were fewer organizations there than I had anticipated and several were looking for positions that weren't for me. Nevertheless, I attended some good sessions and got some good feedback.
I also spent some time walking through the exhibit hall, where the highlight was all the free books that were being handed out. Lots of publishers were there handing out copies of books. I was actually quite conservative; many times the books were being handed out in conjunction with an author signing, so you had to stand in line, which I did not do. Also, a lot of the books and authors were "Young Adult" authors that I did not care about. Nevertheless, I came home with six books. Hopefully some of them are good. I also saw Molly Ringwald signing her book, although I didn't stand in line for her either.
-Jason
No comments:
Post a Comment