Monday, July 9, 2012

Transit of Venus

As many of our readers are likely aware, the transit of Venus occurred about a month ago when Venus was visible against the sun. As it was probably the last time this event will happen in my lifetime, I was interested in seeing it. A couple of local colleges were hosting viewing events; unfortunately, when the day came, I kind of forgot about it and we didn't head up to any of them. I thought that might be it, but our landlord came to our rescue. He brought up a pair of eclipse glasses that allowed us to look at the sun and see Venus. Of course, without magnification, it was just a tiny little dot that could have been anything if you didn't know better, but I got to see it - and looked good doing it.
-Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment