On the Fourth of July I ran a 15km race on Coronado Island. I ran this race five years ago and had a pretty terrible run. I was hoping for some redemption this year, but it didn't quite go as I hoped. I started OK, but I hadn't done enough training so I didn't have much strength for the second half of the race. I ended up a little faster than five years ago, but not quite what I had hoped for.
My plan was then to train well for a month and try again with a half-marathon this month. I found one called The Big Money Run which featured an interesting format: it offered prize money for the top finishers, but also for those who passed each mile first (as long as they finished the race). However, the race first changed its name and revoked most of the prize money, then moved the date from August to February. So it's back to the drawing board for now.
-Jason
No comments:
Post a Comment